ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Thursday 7 April 2011

Cheese Scones

When she's not busy baking buttons at work, mum loves nothing more than to be baking up a storm in the kitchen. I've taken it upon myself to go through all of Jen's tried and tested recipes one at a time and share them with you over the months.

Today I've nabbed her cheese scone recipe:

Mix together:

1 Cup cake flour,
1 Cup grated cheese (I prefer a strong cheddar for a lovely cheesy flavour),
1 Cup milk,
1 Tablespoon baking powder,
1 Teaspoon salt.

Spoon into a greased muffin pan and bake at 170 - 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
For variety add spring onions, bacon...anything that goes well with cheese.

These scones are so delicious and quick & easy to make - if you have guests dropping in for tea and nothing in the pantry to serve them, just pop these into the oven, they're sure to be a huge hit!

Sit back and enjoy...if there are any left for you that is!


My niece Emma and nephew Luke dropped by for a visit and a swim...and before I knew it, my intentions of wrapping them up in cellophane and adding some gorgeous ribbons and (of course) one of our Incomparable Hearts were dashed!


I'm sure it would've looked very pretty...next time I'll just have to be quicker...

6 comments:

  1. The cheese scones sound delicious. Must try them. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try these....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipe. May try it for my friend's fried chicken night.

    Adorable work!! The buttons look so delicate and have so much character! Have you thought about using buttons on hair accessories for embellishment?

    Ingrid
    Visit me: http://sewchique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the buttons, thanks so much...they are just awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. The cheese scone recipe does sound delish. I'm going to copy the recipe and try it soon.
    I am now a follower on Friends Google.
    Love your buttons!!!
    Happy Easter!
    Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...