ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Thursday 26 May 2011

Ice-Cream Social Dress - Aquarium Days

My niece chose this fabric from pictures that I emailed through (of course she rejected all the cute little pastels and insisted on the assorted fish). My nephew has to be a little patient while I figure out how to sew clothes for boys but I think he is having a hard time because besides dinosaurs, fish are his absolute favourite animals.


I followed this tutorial from the ultra talented Jess from Craftiness is not Optional

Jess is hosting another give away for us - starting on Friday so stay tuned for details!

I had a hard time figuring out how to add a button to this really busy fabric...but it is always possible!


I simply hand wrote onto an iron-on label and used the heart button to complete my message along the hemline!


Sweet girl! I made the dress a little on the long side but since we have about 6 months to go before summer I hope she is going to be doing some growing!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, how adorable is that dress!? (and girl in it!) love it! can't wait for the giveaway! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is so precious! And such an adorable model! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited...I can finally post on your blog....

    Soooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very talented! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Darling girl and dress! I love that button touch on the label!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dress and it looks super comfortable too. Boys are harder to sew for, but I'm sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...