ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Monday 11 July 2011

Green Sheep Fabric on flat-fronted Boy's Shorts


These are two swatches of our 'sheep on ribbons' fabric in green. The one has sheep all running along the ribbons in the same direction, the other has alternating sheep.

My nephew has watched me making things for his sister and has been patiently waiting for me to tackle something for boys...and it finally happened.


Last night I made him a pair of these long, flat front shorts following the really simple tutorial by Dana over at Made. Had I known how easy it would be to follow, I would have made these months ago! Thanks Dana.

I used some strips of our green fabric to add accents to the bottom of each leg...and chose a red tractor button for the top as decoration. These can be his farm pants.




On the back, I added a cute little pocket for detail.
My nephew is blue-yellow colour blind so his favourite colour is green...I actually had this project in mind with our new transport fabric but since that is yellow, I will have to make something else with it and showcase it later in the week.



Now to head on down to the post and send these on their long journey home to him... Hope everyone is having a great start to the week.

4 comments:

  1. These are SO cute! I can't get enough of those sheep! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Your nephew will love them! That sheep fabric is too cute!
    I just sent a parcel to my 7 year old niece in Australia, with two skirts I made for her. So fun to have a little person to sew for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable shorts! Nice job. Love the tractor button and the sheep print is to die for. I used to be a preschool teacher and the name of the school was Little Lambs Preschool. I love anything with sheep.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...