ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Thursday 5 April 2012

Easy Delicious Roast Tomato Soup


Mum has been cooking up a storm at the farm and has been emailing me pictures to torment me to make me feel like I'm at home!

This dish is soup-er easy:

Put 2 punnets ripe tomatoes into a roasting dish with about 6 large onions sliced in half.
Add a tub of whole cloves of peeled garlic.
Drizzle olive oil liberally over all.
Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.

Roast at 180 c for about an hour.

Blend together & add a handful of fresh basil leaves.

Put in a pot and add a cup of good liquid stock or a stock cube and a cup of boiling water.

Adjust seasoning to taste...cook for five minutes.

Add a cup of milk or a cup of cream...

Heat till just simmering and serve (invite me ;))


 You can add a few basil leaves on top for decoration...or a swirl of cream...or some finely grated Parmesan...or all three!
Serve with some fresh crusty bread and butter and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sounds absolutely delicious!

    (Why is it that soup made by other people always tastes better than soup I make for myself? One of life's little mysteries!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...