ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Lovely Lavender Pouches


We have quite a few hundred lavender bushes planted on the farm…looking pretty in purple and smelling glorious right now.

With the country fair coming up, I've been thinking of the farm produce we can offer alongside apples, olive oil and wine…and with lavender in such abundance, thought it would be a pity not to make good use of it.


Every evening I can be seen with my basket tucked under my arm clipping away at the lavender and hardly making a dent but filling the basket to the brim. Its been so easy to dry it in the sunshine here…and my house and patio smell quite heavenly…
well, until Bailey makes an appearance after a swim!


I made these little pouches by attaching a button on one side, then sewing along 3 sides of some fabric scraps RST, turning them out & then filling them up with dried loose lavender…and invisible stitching the fourth side closed - my technique leaves a lot to be desired.


I love how these look in a glass sweetie jar…scrumptious...




4 comments:

  1. So sweet. I can smell it right to Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than lavender pouches to make everything smell so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lavender, and your pouches are so cute; how I wish I lived close by to attend your market/fair.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...