ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Monday 18 July 2011

Playful Cats


I made this dress for a friend's baby shower that we went to in London yesterday. It is floaty and summery and just perfect for a winter back home but perhaps not suited to the chilly 'summer' weather we have been having here in the UK! (yes I'm having a weather gripe - it is warmer in South Africa in mid winter! Feeling a little homesick)


I smocked 3 rows with my machine and then added the contrasting fabric for the yoke.
This is our latest fabric for sale on Spoonflower.


It is a collection of cute kitties and a scattering of mice to add playfulness to the mix.

In fact, I used an Incomparable mouse button for the back closure...he is looking a little cheeky!


With some of the leftover scraps, I cut out individual cats and ironed them on using double sided interfacing...the ginger cat above is actually covering up a tiny snip mark where I was rather careless with the scissors...
but these two are purely decorative...


My friend is cat crazy and has a gorgeous fur ball so I think she will appreciate these cute bundles of furry joy.
How about you, do you prefer cats or dogs...or both?

4 comments:

  1. Your little dress turned out wonderfully, it is so clever what you are doing with the fabrics and buttons....the ideas are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I have both, but I think I am a cat person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet! I have both and love them all, but I'm more of a cat person. I like the fact that they are self-cleaning and "flush" when they are done. lol
    I love this fabric and buttons!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely little dress! and the buttons are so sweet! I think I'll get some for my kiddies projects...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...